The insider tip among gourmets!
Surrounded by a mountain backdrop, in an idyllic park, lies the traditional gourmet hotel, which has been characterised by the hospitality of the Stafler family for centuries. The hotel is the ideal starting point for discovering the beauty of South Tyrol. Guests appreciate the star cuisine with products from their own farm, first-class comfort in a historic ambience and the spacious wellness oasis.
The Romantikhotel Stafler is unique in many ways. The host family Stafler has been running a large farm in Mauls near Sterzing - directly behind the Brenner Pass - for 200 years. Today there are South Tyrolean dairy cattle, pigs, sheep, goats, a thoroughbred stud farm, small animals and a huge herb garden. Because it has always been tradition, they still combine farming with their hospitality business. With their down-to-earth cordiality, the multi-generational Stafler family has managed to run a real adventure farm next to a first-class hotel in the midst of the mountains.
Offers & Specials
There are many areas in which we are dedicated to the environment and nature:
- We run our own farm. Our farms are currently home to 85 dairy cows in compost barns, Jura sheep, saddle pigs, farmyard chickens, rabbits, dogs and cats. When we slaughter a farm animal, everything is used from head to toe - either for one of our two restaurants, for the bacon or the Kaminwurzen in our farm shop or in the family kitchen. You can find more information about our farms here: https://www.stafler.com/de/romantik-hotel/stafler-s-gutshof/unsere-hoefe.html
- We get our herbs from our own herb garden.
- Waste avoidance and recycling are very important to us. Since many ingredients come from our own farm, from our garden or from nearby farmers, the transport routes are short and the goods do not have to be packaged. We strictly separate unavoidable waste.
- For about 40 years we have been heating with our own wood chip plant.
- We have our own power plant for electricity, which is used, among other things, to supply our e-fuelling stations. Our 3 e-car charging stations in our car park can be used free of charge by restaurant and hotel guests.
- We have our own water source with fresh spring water as well as 150 hectares of forest, which we lovingly care for.
- Our building has 700 years of history behind it and is therefore a listed building. This means that our premises are not lavish new buildings, but historic places that tell centuries-old stories.
Around the hotel
Romantik Hotel Stafler
Contact & Directions
From the north: Leave the Brenner motorway at the Sterzing exit and follow the state road 12 south to Mauls. Your car will park comfortably in our spacious car park or in the garage (for a fee).
From the south: Leave the Brenner motorway at the Brixen exit and follow the state road 12 through the Eisacktal valley north to Mauls.
The nearest railway stations are Franzensfeste and Freienfeld.
For our house guests we offer the following shuttle service: From Freienfeld free of charge. From Sterzing or Franzensfeste € 15.00 per trip (free from 4 nights).)
From Innsbruck airport it takes about 60 minutes to drive to the Romantik Hotel Stafler. We will be happy to help you arrange your transport. From Bolzano or Innsbruck 100,00 € per journey
South Tyrol Transfer: Your connecting shuttle
Do you want to travel to South Tyrol in an environmentally friendly way by train or long-distance bus?
The connecting shuttle from Südtirol Transfer takes you stress-free from the train or bus station to the Hotel Stafler!
Click here to go to the booking page: suedtiroltransfer.com