Nebraska Beef Rump Steak
with truffled parmesan crust
A main course by Peter Girtler, 2-star chef, "Gourmetstube Einhorn" at the Romantik Hotel Stafler, Freienfeld near Sterzing / South Tyrol, Italy
- 600 gr. rump steak
- Salt and pepper
- A drizzle of sunflower oil
For the crust :
- 60 gr. soft butter
- 1 egg yolk (20 gr)
- 50 gr. mie de pain ( white bread crumbs )
- 30 gr. grated parmesan
- 1 pc. black truffle cut into small cubes
1.- Clean the rump steak and portion it.
- Season with salt and pepper from the mill
- Fry briefly in hot oil, then place on a grill
- Place in the oven at 80 - 95 degrees (about 25 minutes - depending on size of meat)
2.- In the meantime, beat butter until creamy, then add egg yolk. Add mie de pain, parmesan, and the
truffle and mix.
3.- Then, when the meat is done roasting, spread with mustard (possibly with Diyon Mustard), and top
with the above crust mixture. Briefly grill under the salamander.
For the crust:- Mix everything together, form into a roll, and put in cold place
- Cut into slices
- Cover the roasted ox fillets with the Parmesan crust slices and gratinate briefly.
More interesting articles
Goat's cheese praline
baked in a vine leaf
Written by Romantik Hotel Landschloss Fasanerie
Veal heart with cream
with chive dumplings, buttermilk and elderberry
Written by Romantik Hotel Die Gersberg Alm
from Romantik Hotel Metropol
Written by Romantik Hotel Metropol
Post your comment
No one has commented on this page yet.
RSS feed for comments on this page RSS feed for all comments