"Pleasure and history on the Rhine"
In picturesque Eglisau, between the Rhine and the vineyards, lies the historic boutique hotel. Carefully renovated and furnished, the seven rooms and suites revive the charm of bygone times - without sacrificing 21st century comforts. Against a magnificent backdrop with the Rhine leisurely flowing by, the restaurant and bistro offer classics with a regional focus.
When host Werner Dubno bought the ageing Hirschen inn in 2000, he immediately suspected what a gem lay hidden behind its late-Gothic walls. With the vision of creating a place that appeals to as many senses as possible in one of the most beautiful places in the canton, he carefully restored the Hirschen over the next four years, giving the building back its stately appearance both outside and in. Today you can look forward to the best comfort and exceptional culinary delights.
Our offers & specials
Cosy and dignified!
A heart for nature
Around the hotel
Contact & Directions
Information for your journey to Eglisau can be found here: Information on how to get here
- from Zurich via airport 25 km
- from Zurich Airport 13 km (direction Bülach/Schaffhausen)
- from Schaffhausen 19 km (direction Neuhausen/Jestetten)
- from Rheinfall-Neuhausen 15 km (direction Jestetten/Rafz
- from Winterthur 20 km (direction Pfungen/Embrach/Rorbas/Rafz)
- from Zurzach 24 km (direction Kaiserstuhl/Glattfelden)
- in Eglisau, turn into Städtli on the north side of the Rhine bridge