Activities at the Romantik Hotel Die Gersberg Alm
Summer mountain experience
The immediate surroundings of the hotel invite for hikes and walks:
- Gaisberg circular trail: A leisurely hike, starting point is the Zistelalm. The ascent to the Zistelalm begins right in front of the hotel.
Walking time: 1.5 hours / 2 hours with ascent
- Hike on the Nockstein: Short circular trail to the Nockstein with a fantastic view of Salzburg and the surrounding mountains.
Walking time: 1 hour
- Untersberg: A hike for fit hikers on the famous Salzburg mountain. The journey with the Untersbergbahn to the same destination is less strenuous and shorter.
Walking time: 2 to 4 hours depending on the route
Mountain railways like the Untersberg or Schafbergbahn in the Salzkammergut take you quickly to lofty heights.
The Mozart cycle path leads from the city to the Salzburg region, further to Bavaria and back in a total of 21 stages. The Salzkammergut cycle path leads past the lakes of the Salzkammergut. Although it is intended as a three-day tour, you can complete individual parts of the route and take a break to refresh yourself at the lakes of the Salzkammergut.
Water fun: swimming, diving, boating, sailing, surfing and fishing. The Mattsee, Fuschlsee, Attersee, Mondsee, Wolfgangsee and Traunsee await you just a few kilometers from the Gersberg Alm.
Cross-country skiing, sleigh rides, skiing, ice skating, snowshoeing across snow-covered fields and on perfectly groomed slopes.
Excursions: from the wonderful panorama on the 5fingers viewing platform to the impressive Hallstatt Salt Mine, to traditional farmhouses and open-air museums.
Winter walks on the Gersberg with a view of Salzburg
Stroll across the snowy hills around the hotel, breathe fresh air and savor the wonderful view of the Hohensalzburg Fortress and the surrounding mountains.
Activities for young & old
- Fitness Parcour 4.30 km
- Nature ice rink 5.10 km
- Paragliding from the peak of the Gaisberg 6.00 km
- Cross-country skiing tracks 6.10 km