"Come as a stranger, leave as a friend".
The Romantik Hotel Alte Vogtei was built in 1753 and went down in history in 1818 as the birthplace of F. W. Raiffeisen. The historic architecture of the half-timbered house creates a unique atmosphere. Individually designed rooms combine modern comfort with tradition. In the cosy restaurant rooms, you can expect pleasant service and lovely, regional cuisine with fresh herbs and fruit from our own garden.
In the Alte Vogtei, you are welcomed by the Wortelkamp host family, the fifth generation to run the romantic half-timbered house as a hotel and restaurant. Daniela and Markus Wortelkamp have turned the house into a place of idyll that combines tradition with modern comfort. Every day, the family puts their heart and soul into making sure that you can relax in the best possible way during your short holiday in the northernmost tip of Rhineland-Palatinate.
Our offers & specials
Our New Year's Eve offer 2022 (3 nights)
Cozy New Year's Eve in a family atmosphere
with your host family Wortekamp.
Celebrate an unforgettable New Year's Eve in our historic restaurant with a lovingly and cleverly combined 6-course menu with an aperitif and excellent wines in a relaxed atmosphere
"End of the World Adventure"
Flowering time for two
Time for two to take a little break for three days
Our other double rooms are all individually furnished and offer a pleasant atmosphere to escape the stress of everyday life.
A new take on classics!
Where the good is so close!
We are a partner of the "Naturgenuss-Gastgeber" - a label for passion for the product and love of the region in the Rhine-Westerwald Nature Park. In our kitchen we use the best products from local agriculture and regional gourmet manufactories as well as our own herb garden behind the house.
Around the hotel
Contact & directions
The Romantik Hotel Alte Vogtei is located directly opposite the church in the village of Hamm/Sieg, which is wonderfully integrated into the landscape on the edge of the Westerwald between the Sieg and Kroppach Switzerland.
- from Cologne: exit Hennef-Ost (7) -- via A59 (airport motorway) to AD St. Augustin-West or via A3 to AK Bonn-Siegburg -- then on A560 direction Hennef/Altenkirchen -- exit Hennef-Ost (7) -- B8 direction Altenkirchen -- B256 direction Hamm/Sieg
- from Frankfurt (A3): exit Neuwied/Altenkirchen (36) -- via B256 direction Altenkirchen -- B256 direction Hamm/Sieg
- from Frankfurt (A45): exit Herborn-West (26) -- via B255/414 direction Bad Marienberg/Altenkirchen -- B256 direction Hamm/Sieg
- from Dortmund (A45/A4):-- via A45 to junction Olpe/Süd -- A4 towards Köln/Gummersbach, exit Reichshof/Bergneustadt (26) -- towards Waldbröl -- in Waldbröl take the B256 towards Altenkirchen/Windeck to Hamm/Sieg
- Cologne-Siegen regional express - Cologne-Au/Sieg VRS suburban railway.
- The Au/Sieg railway station is only 1.5 km from the hotel. A taxi rank is located in front of the station.
- Trains run every half hour / journey time to Cologne approx. 50 - 60 min.