"Come as a stranger, leave as a friend".
The Romantik Hotel Alte Vogtei was built in 1753 and went down in history in 1818 as the birthplace of F. W. Raiffeisen. The historic architecture of the half-timbered house creates a unique atmosphere. Individually designed rooms combine modern comfort with tradition. In the cosy restaurant rooms, you can expect pleasant service and lovely, regional cuisine with fresh herbs and fruit from our own garden.
In the Alte Vogtei, you are welcomed by the Wortelkamp host family, the fifth generation to run the romantic half-timbered house as a hotel and restaurant. Daniela and Markus Wortelkamp have turned the house into a place of idyll that combines tradition with modern comfort. Every day, the family puts their heart and soul into making sure that you can relax in the best possible way during your short holiday in the northernmost tip of Rhineland-Palatinate.
Our offers & specials
Blossom Time for Two
sniffing the good Westerwald air, once again experiencing hand in hand the blossoming of our wonderful nature, hiking along the meandering Nister.... Arrive, switch off and find peace in the forest. Enjoy time for two and get to know our small historic half-timbered house and enjoy our good regional cuisine.
Time for two
Relax and enjoy 3 days, escape the turbulent days and enjoy the good Westerwald air on long walks -.
also in the exclusive wellness room with private sauna or infrared cabin - relax in the cosy, calming atmosphere of our house and enjoy our good cuisine with regional products.
A new take on classics!
Around the hotel
Where the good is so close!
We are a partner of the "Naturgenuss-Gastgeber" - a label for passion for the product and love of the region in the Rhine-Westerwald Nature Park. In our kitchen we use the best products from local agriculture and regional gourmet manufactories as well as our own herb garden behind the house.
Contact & directions
The Romantik Hotel Alte Vogtei is located directly opposite the church in the village of Hamm/Sieg, which is wonderfully integrated into the landscape on the edge of the Westerwald between the Sieg and Kroppach Switzerland.
- from Cologne: exit Hennef-Ost (7) -- via A59 (airport motorway) to AD St. Augustin-West or via A3 to AK Bonn-Siegburg -- then on A560 direction Hennef/Altenkirchen -- exit Hennef-Ost (7) -- B8 direction Altenkirchen -- B256 direction Hamm/Sieg
- from Frankfurt (A3): exit Neuwied/Altenkirchen (36) -- via B256 direction Altenkirchen -- B256 direction Hamm/Sieg
- from Frankfurt (A45): exit Herborn-West (26) -- via B255/414 direction Bad Marienberg/Altenkirchen -- B256 direction Hamm/Sieg
- from Dortmund (A45/A4):-- via A45 to junction Olpe/Süd -- A4 towards Köln/Gummersbach, exit Reichshof/Bergneustadt (26) -- towards Waldbröl -- in Waldbröl take the B256 towards Altenkirchen/Windeck to Hamm/Sieg
- Cologne-Siegen regional express - Cologne-Au/Sieg VRS suburban railway.
- The Au/Sieg railway station is only 1.5 km from the hotel. A taxi rank is located in front of the station.
- Trains run every half hour / journey time to Cologne approx. 50 - 60 min.