Franconian country pork
Two kinds of Franconian country pork (crispy belly & secreto), tomato salsa, roasted ox heart tomato.
A recipe by star chef Cornelia Fischer from the restaurant "Schwane 1404" in the Romantik Hotel Zur Schwane in Volkach.
- 800 g pork belly
- 200 g white onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 juniper berries salt
- 4 black peppercorns
- 350 g Secreto
Ox heart tomato
- 2 ox heart tomatoes salt
- Black pepper from the mill
- Powdered sugar
- Grape seed oil
- 4 yellow cherry tomatoes
- 5 honey tomatoes
- 3 zebra tomatoes
- 1 Schaffe
- ¼ chilli
- 3 basil leaves
- Powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon aceto balsamico
1.- Season the pork belly with salt on the meat side.
- Peel and coarsely chop the onions and place in a baking dish, place the pork belly on top (rind facing up), pour in stock until the meat is covered. The rind must not get wet. Add the spices, cover and cook in the oven at 180° C for approx. 2 hours until tender.
2.- Season the secreto with salt and black pepper from the mill, sear briefly on all sides in a very hot pan with a little rapeseed oil and cook in the oven at 150° C for approx. 5 minutes until pink, then leave to rest for at least 5 minutes.
3.- For the salsa, blanch the tomatoes briefly in hot water, rinse in ice water and remove the skin. Then cut into small cubes.
- Peel the shallot and cut into very fine cubes.
- also cut the chilli pepper into the smallest possible cubes.
- Lightly caramelise the icing sugar in a saucepan, add the shallots and chilli, deglaze with balsamic vinegar, salt, add the tomatoes, leave to infuse and, just before serving, chop the basil and mix in.
4.- Crust over the softly cooked pork belly shortly before serving (switch on the grill function on the oven, or increase the top heat to 220° C.). The rind sticks together, be careful - hot fat can splash out of the rind).
5.- In a separate saucepan, fry a few pieces of onion, pour in the stock left over from the braising, thicken, season to taste and strain
6.- Briefly scald the ox heart tomato with boiling water, peel off the skin, cut into slices approx. 1.5 cm thick and fry in a very hot pan, without oil. While frying, season with salt and dust with icing sugar. The icing sugar caramelises slightly and absorbs the acidity of the tomato.
7.- Portion the crispy pork belly, slice the secreto, season with coarse sea salt, serve, enjoy
More interesting articles
Goat's cheese praline
baked in a vine leaf
Written by Romantik Hotel Landschloss Fasanerie
Veal heart with cream
with chive dumplings, buttermilk and elderberry
Written by Romantik Hotel Die Gersberg Alm
from Romantik Hotel Metropol
Written by Romantik Hotel Metropol
Post your comment
No one has commented on this page yet.
RSS feed for comments on this page RSS feed for all comments