Ambience at the Romantik Hotel Manoir Carpe Diem
Just 15 km away is the medieval city of Bruges, known as the "Venice of the North" because of its canals. We recommend a boat trip on the canals or a coach ride through the romantic Old Town.
Key sights to visit:
- Church of Our Lady (Katelijnestraat), home to the only white marble sculpture by Michelangelo outside Italy (Madonna and Child)
- Groeningemuseum: has a beautiful and large collection of Flemish primitives (important group of painters from the 15th century)
- Basilica of the Holy Blood: contains a relic from Jerusalem with Jesus' blood
- The town hall with its Gothic room
- Belfry with 366 steps – on a fine day, you can see the coast from the top!
- Oostende 11.40 km
- Brügge 16.30 km
- Knokke 20.00 km
- Nieuwpoort 28.00 km