Ambience at the Romantik Hotel Im Weissen Rössl am Wolfgangsee
Bad Ischl: the imperial town in the heart of the Salzkammergut - culture and spa with the style of the imperial era!
Bad Ischl – just a short drive from the Weissen Rössl – fosters its image as a former summer residence of the Austrian Imperial Family. There are however also contemporary aspects to explore!
Hallstatt: UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site at Lake Hallstatt - picturesque Hallstatt between lake and mountains!
A whole era was named after the town of Hallstatt in the Salzkammergut. The Hallstatt era embodied exceptional cultural developments –1200 years ago.
Salzburg: Cultural city and UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site – While on holiday at Lake Wolfgang, experience the festival city of Salzburg!
The city of Salzburg with its incomparably enchanting old town area is not even an hour’s drive from the holiday town of St. Wolfgang at Lake Wolfgang.
Sights in Salzburg:
During a stroll through the historic old town area you are surrounded by history with every step you take. Churches, monasteries, centuries-old town houses and last but not least, the impressive, intact Hohensalzburg Castle, are there for you to explore.
You definitely ought not to miss the following sights in and around the city of Salzburg during a visit:
- Hohensalzburg Fortress: On the Mönchsberg in the middle of the old town area in Salzburg, sits an impressive castle, which was constructed several centuries ago by the Salzburg Prince Archbishops. There are guided tours, a castle museum and a castle tavern. Easy to get to via the funicular railway.
- St. Peter: This significant Benedictine Abbey has existed since the 7th century. Gothic in pure form, affectionately known as the ‘Pacher Madonna’. A superb contrast to the joyous and colourful St. Peter’s church.
- Getreidegasse: The main shopping street in the old town area in Salzburg with lots of little handcraft boutiques. Also here: the house where Mozart was born.
- Salzburg Cathedral, Cathedral Square and Chapter Square: An architectural masterpiece based on an Italian ideal.
- Hellbrunn Palace: To the south of the city of Salzburg is the summer palace, the gardens and Hellbrunn Zoo. Easy to get to by public bus.
Ausseerland – where the daffodils bloom – YOR EXCURSION DESTINATION IN THE SALZKAMMERGUT
The Salzkammergut has an abundance of wonderful areas, lakes and towns. One region you definitely ought to visit is Ausseerland. The traditional costume, the daffodil festival and Ausseer Mardi Gras are a just a few reasons why an excursion is well worth your while
- Emperor's villa Bad Ischl 15.00 km
- UNESCO World Heritage Hallstatt 32.20 km
- Salzburg 35.00 km
- Dachstein ice cave 37.00 km
- Salt mine Hallein 45.00 km