Activities at the Romantik Wellnesshotel Diedrich
- Yoga (individual classes also available)
On the doorstep
- Waymarked walking routes and circular rambles
- Regional walking maps provided
- Loan of electric bikes and mountain bikes
Viewing towers in Hallenberg
- Heidekopf Lookout Tower in Hallenberg: climb to the top of this wooden viewing tower for a fabulous panoramic view from 710 m altitude of the Rothaar Mountains and Hesse Highlands.
- Sauerland-Stabil-Stuhl: this giant wooden chair sculpture is a really eye-catching structure on the top of Königsloh Mountain – between Hallenberg, Liesen and Hesborn. It is not meant for sitting on, but for climbing! At the top you are eight metres up, with views of the bird and nature reserve and the stunning Sauerland-Höhenflug Highland Trail.
- Struth-Turm: this giant treehouse in a large copper beech tree is a great excuse to rediscover the child inside you. And from the top you get a very different view of the beautiful Nuhnewiesen Nature Reserve!
- Bollerbergturm in Hesborn: at the top of this mountain you are 758 metres above sea level! This concrete lookout tower boasts no fewer than 5 viewing platforms, offering more lovely views of the Rothaar Mountains and the Hesse Highlands.
Ferienwelt Winterberg activity park (15 km)
- Winterberg Golf Club golf course
- Panoramic Experience Bridge, treetop walkway
- Nature discovery trail
- Summer bobsled
- High ropes course
- Bikepark, Germany’s biggest and most varied
- LWL Museum of Natural History in the Astenturm
- St. Georg Ski Jump
- West German Winter Sports Museum
- Mountain karts, downhill karts with lift service
- Mini-golf and billiards-golf
- Visitor bobsleigh experience on the VELTINS Ice Arena World Cup bobsleigh run
- Winterberg Wakeboarding and Water-Skiing Park
Excursions around the region
- Kellerwald-Edersee National Park: a fascinating wilderness just a 30-minute drive away
- Kellerwald National Park Centre, plus visitor wildlife experience
- Berleburg Castle, seat of the aristocratic Sayn-Wittgenstein family, built in the Baroque style in 1733, with a fascinating exhibition of antique weapons, china and glassware.
- Edersee Lake: boating, swimming beach, sailing, surfing, water-skiing, aquapark, wildlife park, underground power station, 11th century Waldeck Castle, around a 40-minute drive away
Activities for young & old
- Sport- & Kursangebot im Hotel 0.00 km
- Wandern & Radfahren ab Hotel 0.10 km
- Golfclub Winterberg e. V. 17.00 km
- Skigebiet Schlosberg 21.00 km