Ambience at the Romantik Hotel Zum Rosenhof
A small district of the three-castle town of Felsberg, situated to the south-west of the town with around 120 inhabitants. The village was first documented in 1123 in a charter of Hasungen Abbey.
At its heart is its church, the oldest part of which is a late Gothic chancel dating from around the 15th century.
The inhabitants of Hesserode lived for centuries by cultivating the high plateau, the effects of which still shape the landscape to this day. A moated castle, first constructed around 1300 by the noble Wederholdus Dictus Famulus and later extended by the noble Lords von Oeynhausen, is another striking landmark of Hesserode.
The castle is no longer in its original state, however, having lost its unique moated form after renovation work in 1967. Hesserode is around 6 kilometres from Felsberg's largest district of Gensungen, which has schools, nurseries and all the infrastructure for
Places to visit
- Edersee reservoir, 35 km
- Waldeck Castle, 36 km
- Naturpark Kellerwald nature reserve, 36 km
- Wildpark Knüll wildlife park, 28 km
- Spangenberg Castle, 25 km
- Cathedral town Fritzlar, 16 km
- Spa town Bad Wildungen, 20 km
- Historic Melsungen with half-timbered houses, 12 km
- 3-castle town Felsberg, 6 km
- Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe (Herkules) landscape park, 35 km
- Fritzlar 16.00 km
- Bad Wildungen 20.00 km
- Mountain park Wilhelmshöhe 35.00 km
- Edersee 35.00 km
- Nature park Kellerwald 36.00 km