Ambience at the Romantik Hotel Schloss Gaußig
The beautiful Upper Lusatia with its lovely hills, woods, fields and romantic villages with charming rustic houses is on our doorstep. Tempting as it is to simply spend the whole day in the palace and park and let yourself really unwind, there are one or two things to discover in the surrounding area... Here are a few suggestions for excursions in the immediate vicinity and the surrounding area…
- Excursions to Upper Lusatia with the 1000-year-old town of Bautzen, just a stone's throw away. Have you ever been to Görlitz, Zittau, or to nearby Bohemia or Silesia, all around 40 to 60 min. away?
- A guided tour of our neighbouring Rammenau Palace, just a few villages away.
- A visit to Pillnitz Castle and Park (some parts designed by the same architect as Schloss Gaußig), picturesquely situated on the banks of the Elbe and with the oldest camellia in Germany.
- The beautiful and legendary Elbe Sandstone Mountains are less than an hour away by car.
- Visit Stolpen Castle where the famous Countess of Cosel spent her last days.
- UNESCO World Heritage Site Bad Muskau with its park and castle and memories of Count Pückler
- "Experience Handicraft" tourist route: Upper Lusatia has a strong tradition of handicrafts that are still practised to this day, including blue-printing, weaving, gingerbread making and pottery.
- The royal city of Dresden with the Zwinger, art collections, Green Vault, Semperoper and Brühl's Terrace is only around 45 min. west of Gaussig.
- Bautzen 10.60 km
- Castle Rammenau 15.80 km
- Castle & Park Pillnitz 39.80 km
- Dresden 46.00 km
- UNESCO World Heritage Site Bad Muskau 62.10 km